Where Is Unibet Sportsbook Legal in 2024? All Available U.S. States
April 28, 2023
Unibet is a global leader in online betting and recently decided to expand its platform into the United States. Although it has only been available to American bettors for a handful of years, Unibet Sportsbook has quickly grown in popularity and is the go-to option for many sports betting enthusiasts around the country.
Are you hoping to find out if Unibet Sportsbook is currently legal in your state? Or if it may become available in your location in the upcoming years? In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about Unibet Sportsbook and its availability in the United States.
|$1000 no sweat first bet - paid back in bonus bets
|NONE NEEDED - Use link
|Bet $5 and Get $150 in Bonus Bets
|Bet $5 and Get $150 in Bonus Bets
*Bonus Bets Expire in 7 Days. One New Customer Offer Only. Add’l terms.
|$1,000 First Bet on Caesars
|Bet $5 and Get $150 in bonus bets if your team wins
|NONE NEEDED - Use link
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER CO, DC, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MS, NJ, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY), Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA), 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS, NV), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI).
Unibet Sportsbook & Casino: All Legal U.S. States
Take a look at the table below to see if Unibet Sportsbook or Unibet Casino is currently available in your state!
|Sportsbook Launch Date
|Casino Launch Date
|Paradise Casino, Turf Paradise Race Track
|Horseshoe Casino Hammond
|Hard Rock Casino Atlantic City
|The Downs at Lehigh Valley
- Unibet Arizona: Unibet Sportsbook offers both online/mobile and retail sports betting in Arizona. The platform first went live in the Grand Canyon State in September 2021 after meeting the necessary requirements of the Arizona Department of Gaming. It is partnered with the Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation to offer statewide online sports betting and a retail sportsbook at Paradise Casino, and Unibet Sportsbook later partnered with Turf Paradise to operate nine additional retail locations throughout the state.
- Unibet Indiana: After securing a temporary license from the Indiana Gaming Commission in May 2020, Unibet Indiana began operating in the Hoosier State in July of the same year through a partnership with Caesars Entertainment and Horseshoe Casino Hammond. Indiana bettors can use the Unibet website or mobile app to place bets on all their favorite teams, including but not limited to the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, Purdue Boilermakers, Indiana Hoosiers, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- Unibet New Jersey: In 2019, Unibet debuted its online betting platform in the U.S. in the state of New Jersey. Licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and partnered with Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City, Unibet offers an online sportsbook and online casino to bettors in the Garden State. It has also established a multi-year partnership with the NHL's New Jersey Devils.
- Unibet Pennsylvania: Unibet Sportsbook and Unibet Casino entered the Pennsylvania market in November 2019 after approval from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. Through an agreement with Mohegan Sun Pocono, Unibet Sportsbook at Lehigh Valley opened in Allentown, Pennsylvania and offers retail sports betting to all customers. Bettors in the Keystone State may also place wagers using the Unibet Sportsbook website or mobile app, and it is worth noting that Unibet is currently partnered with the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Unibet Virginia: In April 2021, Unibet Sportsbook went live in Virginia after the Virginia Lottery awarded it a mobile sports betting license and direct market access. The online sportsbook's launch was made possible by a partnership with an online gambling platform provider known as Pala Interactive. All bettors in the Old Dominion State will have access to a very generous welcome bonus when they sign up and make their first deposit with Unibet Sportsbook.
Where Will Unibet Launch Next?
Since Unibet is currently only available in five U.S. states, there seems to be a wide range of markets across the country for Unibet Sportsbook to target in the near future. Iowa bettors previously had access to Unibet Sportsbook, but the company decided to exit the Hawkeye State in December 2020. Unibet recently announced its intentions to focus on multiproduct states, meaning those that allow both online sports betting and online casino play.
As a result, it is expected that Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia may be states where Unibet will look to launch its platforms in the upcoming years. It was also revealed that Unibet plans to partner with the Swinomish Tribe in Washington to launch a retail sportsbook sometime soon. Therefore, it seems Unibet Sportsbook still has plans to continue growth and expansion in the United States.
How To Get Started With Unibet in Your State
You can sign up and start placing bets with Unibet Sportsbook today! Just follow the four steps provided below.
Click here to visit the Unibet Sportsbook website. You may also download the Unibet Sportsbook app to your mobile device by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store.
Begin to create your account with Unibet Sportsbook. Enter all necessary personal information, choose a username and password, claim your welcome offer, and verify your identity.
Deposit at least $10 into your Unibet Sportsbook account using your debit card, credit card, online bank account, PayPal account, or any other payment option available on the platform. Your deposited funds will be instantly credited to your account.
You can now start placing bets on all your favorite teams, sports, and leagues!
Pros & Cons of Unibet Sportsbook
If you are thinking about signing up with Unibet Sportsbook in your state, you may want to know more about the platform and what it has to offer. Take a look at the table below to see a general outline of the pros and cons of Unibet!
|Customer Service Is Not Available 24/7
|Exciting Welcome Offer to All New Customers
|Limited Same-Game Parlay Options
|Experienced & Trustworthy Brand
|Below-Average Withdrawal Times
|Variety of Bet Types and Markets Covered
|User-Friendly Website and Mobile App
|Fantastic In-Game Betting Experience
|Many Payment Options Available
|Frequent Bonuses and Promotions for Existing Customers
|Quick Registration Process
It is quite clear that the many advantages of Unibet Sportsbook far outweigh the disadvantages. First, Unibet offers a generous welcome bonus to all new users of the platform. Everyday customers will also have access to a wide range of promotional deals and special opportunities, including Bet & Get offers, daily odds boosts, referral bonuses, and more!
Furthermore, there is a wide range of bet types available to Unibet customers, and you will have access to sports and leagues from all over the world when placing wagers. In addition, signing up with Unibet Sportsbook is a quick and straightforward process, and you will be able to choose from many popular payment methods when making your first deposit.
On the other hand, there are a few downsides of Unibet that are worth discussing. First, processing times for payouts are typically longer than those of other online sportsbooks in the United States. Additionally, Unibet's customer support team is not available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer all your questions and help resolve your problems. That said, Unibet Sportsbook is still an excellent option for bettors in eligible states and may be a perfect fit for you.
Where is Unibet Sportsbook legal?
Unibet Sportsbook is currently legal in five U.S. states: Arizona, Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. It was also previously available in Iowa but decided to leave the state in December 2022.
Who can place bets with Unibet Sportsbook?
You must be 21 years or older, not found on any exclusion lists, and physically present in Arizona, Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Virginia to place bets with Unibet Sportsbook.
Is Unibet Sportsbook available in Iowa?
No, Unibet Sportsbook is no longer available in the state of Iowa. Unibet chose to exit the Iowa market on December 20, 2022.